Saturday, April 14, 2007

Approval of Bravery


Sitting beside the window, I was watching the charming scene before me. The stars were twinkling at me; the moonlight was shinning and spreading its rays upon the trees that were dancing in the cool breeze. I was so impressed by the beautiful scene that I had forgotten the time and place. Suddenly I heard a quarrel among my cousins that had divided into two groups: the girls and the boys. The subject of the quarrel was this: Which group is braver; the boys or the girls?" If you girls go to the end of the garden and spend one hour there, you will approve your bravery to us." That was the suggestion of one of the boys. The girls accepted the suggestion and invited me to accompany them. I wished I could reject their invitation, but my proud didn't let me.

Finally, the group of girls including two of my cousins, my sister and me parted the boys laughing and chatting. We had just left the home that my cousin started screaming, she had seen a frog and persisted returning to the home. Now our group had decreased to three persons nevertheless we continued our progress. At first, every thing was good till the clouds covered the moon and darkness engulfed us. Our legs had been paralyzed and we were unable to walk any longer. Our hands were trembling and our faces were white as yogurt. The cool breeze that now had turned to gale was howling like a hungry wolf and deafening us. The trees seemed so alive and their branches had been stretched like the hands of a blood thirsty trying to grab us. I was so afraid that I closed my eyes as tears shedding my face like a stream. When my cousin and my sister saw my situation, despite their will insisted on coming back." No, we should pass the test of bravery." I declared stubbornly. Anyway we continued our adventure by singing to forget our fears. That one hour passed for us like a year but the result of it was so good since we had overcome the boys and approved our bravery.

1 comment:

Parisa Mehran said...

Dear Farzaneh,

Your blog is really nice and lovely.I enjoyed it very much. Keep it honey.

Love,
Parisa